Barramundi Group is looking for a Head of Operations to lead production operations in Singapore. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (Production) and oversees Singapore’s production KPI and Budget, as well as all production operations from broodstock, hatchery, nursery, sea farms, support functions and CAPEX projects.
- Take charge of Singapore’s production KPI and Budget and lead strategic initiatives to improve operational performance and cost efficiency.
- Manage end-to-end production operations from Broodstock, Hatchery, Nursery and Sea Farms and lead a department with 30 to 40 staff.
- Lead expansion projects such as the setup of sea farms, onshore production capacities, revamp existing cage systems, procure operational assets and oversee research and development initiatives.
- Ensure a high level of operational readiness of assets (aquaculture vessels, mooring and anchors, nets, cranes, feed systems, pumps etc), upkeep production facilities, and ensure timely renewal of leases and licenses.
- Ensure high level of Health and Safety standards and safety culture across the team.
- Develop and ensure alignment between local standard operating procedures (SOP) and group SOPs.
- Ensure compliance to local regulatory standards, Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification standards and lead internal/external audits.
- 5 to 10 years of experience leading production in medium-sized aquaculture operations, including hatchery, sea farms and support functions.
- Good understanding of fish biology, fish health, reproduction and genetics.
- Experience in preparing budgets, monthly reports and follow-up of KPIs etc.
- Project management skills to realise new installations and major refurbishments of sea farms and onshore facilities.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Ability to apply these in a multi-cultural environment.
As part of your application, please submit a cover letter stating why you think you are suitable for the position, how you fulfil the requirements of the role and how you intend to make a difference.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email at email@example.com