UVAXX (part of Barramundi Group) is a Singapore-based aqua-tech company providing fish health services and autogenous vaccines to the aquaculture industry. Our business is expanding across the Asia Pacific region and we are looking for a self-starter that is a forward-thinking to help kickstart our veterinary diagnostic unit in Brunei Darussalam.
The successful candidate will play a leading role to spearhead the development of the company’s business in Brunei and provide services to the local and regional market.
The position will report to the UVAXX HQ in Singapore and work very closely with Barramundi Group’s farm operation in Brunei Darussalam.
- Take on the leading role for fish health management of the entire operation, lead and train the farm staff in the field of fish health and welfare, participate in weekly meetings.
- Work closely together with our diagnostic laboratory to provide accurate diagnosis in the field.
- Perform fish dissection including microscopy and lead small team of fish health assistants.
- Conduct field and laboratory data collection and function as a link between laboratory and farming operations.
- Reporting of fish health status to inhouse veterinarian and farm management.
- Ensure timely and accurate release of diagnostic reports, and be comfortable working with larger sets of data.
- Develop sales pipeline and perform account management with the local Bruneian aquaculture industry and local government agencies.
- Take charge of the Brunei operational budget and develop short-term and long-term goals to drive internal and external KPI.
- Provide technical support for the wider industry in the region.
- Masters or degree in a scientific discipline related to veterinary science, marine biology, or any other related life-science.
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of working experience in an industry setting with aquatic animals, disease diagnostics and pathology.
- Candidates with veterinarian experience in aquaculture or any other livestock will have an advantage.
- Strong team player with positive work attitude, analytical minded, result-oriented, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in ASEAN markets will be preferred.
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Candidates with strong commercial and customer oriented technical sales background preferred.
- Regular travelling and field work is required, therefore a valid driver’s license in Brunei Darussalam is necessary.
- Physically fit and able to work safely at sea.
- Fluent English oral and written. Bahasa would be an advantage.
As part of your application, please submit a cover letter stating why you think you are suitable for the position, how you fulfil the requirements of the role and how you intend to make a difference. Your application should also include a detailed CV.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email at email@example.com