Barramundi Group is hiring a fish health executive in Singapore to provide fish health and veterinary support for the production team from the onshore broodstock, hatchery and nursery to the offshore sea farms. The position will be required to perform frequent field visits and perform technical duties in the lab. The candidate will report to the Chief Veterinary Officer.
- Conduct regular fish health audits for all production units in Singapore (brood-stock to grow-out in sea cages)
- Perform fish dissection and microscopy
- Conduct field and laboratory data collection and coordinate sample submission
- Organize, supervise and audit fish health treatments
- Lead the continuous improvement of fish health standard operating procedures and biosecurity standards
- Oversee the procurement and inventory of fish health laboratory and chemicals supplies
- Facilitate fish health management decisions and meetings
- Reporting of fish health status to inhouse veterinarian and farm management
- Undertake any ad hoc tasks as required by management
- Polytechnic Diplomaor University degree in a scientific discipline related to veterinary science, microbiology, molecular biology or ichthyology.
- Candidates that have a good understanding of aquatic animal health (fin fish) and have experience in fish health related position in the industry will have an advantage
- Good laboratory skills (diagnostic techniques, bacteriology, microscopy)
- Strong team player with positive work attitude and analytical minded
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to work closely with the farm team in the field environment
- Good organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
As part of your application, please submit a cover letter stating why you think you are suitable for the position, how you fulfil the requirements of the role and how you intend to make a difference. Your application should also include a detailed CV. Only candidates who meet ALL the requirements of this position need apply.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org